1st Sky OMA

Loading weather...

Omaha man found guilty in sexual assault of coworker

An Omaha man was found guilty on Wednesday afternoon in a sexual assault case from 2024 involving a former coworker.

Read the full article on KETV 7

NOBODY, NOT EVEN POLICE, WILL EVER KNOW YOUR NAME. A JURY CONVICTS THIS OMAHA MAN OF FIRST DEGREE SEXUAL ASSAULT. COURT DOCUMENTS ALLEGE THE ASSAULT HAPPENED IN 2024. IT INVOLVE

Advertisement

Jury finds Omaha man guilty in sexual assault of coworker

An Omaha man was found guilty on Wednesday afternoon in a sexual assault case from 2024 involving a former coworker

KETV logo

Updated: 10:18 PM CDT May 20, 2026

Editorial Standards

An Omaha man was found guilty on Wednesday afternoon in a sexual assault case from 2024 involving a former coworker.A jury found Lorenzo De La Cruz-Batres, 40, guilty of first-degree sexual assault.PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Omaha man arrested for first-degree sexual assault to appear in court ThursdayAccording to court documents, in August 2024, a woman reported she had been sexually assaulted by a man she has known since 2015. She said she worked with De La Cruz-Batres at a restaurant, and when they both helped unload a delivery in the early hours of the morning, he gifted her a necklace. The affidavit said the victim stated De La Cruz-Batres began getting “touchy/feely,” and she told him no. She said he started getting “touchy/feely” again, and that’s when he sexually assaulted her.Court documents said the victim said she told him “‘no’ multiple times, but he did not stop.”Police obtained text messages between the victim and De La Cruz-Batres after the incident.On Feb. 25, 2025, Omaha police arrested De La Cruz-Batres.His sentencing date is scheduled for July 14.Make sure you can always see the latest news, weather, sports and more from KETV NewsWatch 7 on Google search.NAVIGATE: Home | Weather | Local News | National | Sports | Newscasts on demand |

An Omaha man was found guilty on Wednesday afternoon in a sexual assault case from 2024 involving a former coworker.

A jury found Lorenzo De La Cruz-Batres, 40, guilty of first-degree sexual assault.

Advertisement

PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Omaha man arrested for first-degree sexual assault to appear in court Thursday

According to court documents, in August 2024, a woman reported she had been sexually assaulted by a man she has known since 2015. She said she worked with De La Cruz-Batres at a restaurant, and when they both helped unload a delivery in the early hours of the morning, he gifted her a necklace.

The affidavit said the victim stated De La Cruz-Batres began getting “touchy/feely,” and she told him no. She said he started getting “touchy/feely” again, and that’s when he sexually assaulted her.

Court documents said the victim said she told him “‘no’ multiple times, but he did not stop.”

Police obtained text messages between the victim and De La Cruz-Batres after the incident.

On Feb. 25, 2025, Omaha police arrested De La Cruz-Batres.

His sentencing date is scheduled for July 14.

Make sure you can always see the latest news, weather, sports and more from KETV NewsWatch 7 on Google search.

NAVIGATE: Home | Weather | Local News | National | Sports | Newscasts on demand |

loader-image
Omaha, US
3:38 pm, May 21, 2026
temperature icon 61°F
Overcast
64 %
1021 mb
12 mph
Wind Gust 15 mph
Clouds 100%
Visibility 10 mi
Sunrise 6:00 am
Sunset 8:41 pm

MORE newsNEWS